The chairman of a local government and the chairmen of three local council development associations are among a number of All Progressives Congress (APC) members and leaders in Lagos State who endorsed Akinwunmi Ambode, Governor of the state, for second term on Wednesday.
According to Habib Haruna, the Chief press Secretary to Governor Akinwunmi Ambode, this happened on Wednesday in Epe where the party elected its delegates for the presidential primary election and national convention of the party.
Part of a statement by Haruna revealed that “the party leaders and faithful in the division took turn to affirm their unalloyed support for the second term bid of the Governor”.
Those listed as making the endorsement are:
– Adedoyin Adesanya, Chairman of Epe Local Government Area;
– Saliu Adeniyi, Chairman of Eredo LCDA;
– Samson Onanuga, Chairman of Ikosi-Ejirin LCDA;
– Kehinde Adeniyi, party Chairman in Epe Local Government
Also reported to have endorsed the Governor are:
– State Welfare Officer, Alhaja Abiodun Bankole;
– Former member of House of Representatives representing Epe, Hon Bola Gbabij;
– Member of Lagos State House of Assembly representing Epe Constituency II, Segun Olulade;
– APC Women leader in Epe, Mrs Iyabo Adegboyega;
– LGA party Secretary, Alhaji S.A Owolomose; youth leader, Abdul Ibrahim;
– Otunba Bode Alausa and Akin Oladipupo
Youth in the division also staged a peaceful protest displaying placards of various inscriptions to affirm their support for the Governor’s second term bid.
Lagos State has 20 local governments and 37 local council development associations, the chairmen of which are central to grassroots mobilization in the direct primary system.
Welcome to Politicoscope.com the official home for world politics. Get the latest politics news: breaking news, comment, analysis, political guides and in-depth special reports on Nigeria and World politics.