Florence Ajimobi Biography: Florence Ajimobi was born in Benin City on April 5, 1959, into the renowned Hajaig family of Lebanon. Her early childhood was in the ancient city of Ibadan where her mother, a staunch catholic, instilled in her the strong values of the Catholic Church characterized by piety, service to God, morality and discipline.
Florence Ajimobi primary education was at Bodija International School, from where she proceeded to Our Lady of Apostles Secondary School, Ibadan. Tertiary education was at The Polytechnic Ibadan where she studied Secretarial Studies and Management.
Florence Ajimobi Profile
Florence Ajimobi professional sail commenced its sojourn in the insurance waters. The sail berthed at Femi Johnson and Co, a leading Insurance Brokerage firm based in Ibadan where she took up her first job. From Femi Johnson and Co, she cruised to one of Nigeria’s top flight Advertising Agencies; Insight Communications Limited.
The sail later left Insight Communications to berth in the internationally reputable auto sales company RT Briscoe. In all the companies she worked, she left her footprint as a dedicated, committed and resourceful individual with a result oriented mental attitude for achieving corporate goals.
A woman of vision with strong business acumen, thirsty for success in her own initiatives, she squared up to the challenges and insecurity of the Nigerian business terrain when she jettisoned the comfort of paid employment to become an entrepreneur in retail business. Her Excellency, Mrs. Florence Ajimobi’s venture into private business has been a success story made more meaningful by her success on the home front. She has successfully combined her duty as a wife and mother with being a business woman.
This however is not surprising considering Florence Ajimobi strong family values which have helped her in the building of a strong home which she takes as her first call, having been happily married for over 33 years and raised God fearing and hard working children that she brought up in a home filled with warmth, love and joy.
As the wife of the Executive Governor of Oyo State, Mrs. Florence Ajimobi’s passion lies in the improvement of the quality of the lives of vulnerable groups (women and children) and ensuring that the less privileged are empowered for financial independence. To her, being the First Lady of Oyo State is not a ceremonial nomenclature but a call to serve humanity and an opportunity to impact the lives of the people of Oyo state by elevating their living standards.
In pursuit of these worthy objectives, Florence Ajimobi has birthed relevant organizations and institutions to lend credence to these noble causes which include but not limited to:
- Creation of Mini Clinics for Widows and the Aged
- Establishment of ICT Center for Women in Public Service
- Empowerment of Women of different cadres in the society
- Access to Basic medical Care (ABC) FOUNDATION – providing easy access to Basic medical Care
- The AJUMOSE FOOD BANK – A monthly food provision support programme
- Educate A Rural Child project – providing educational materials for indigent children
The Oyo state First Lady does not believe there is any limitation to what the average Nigerian woman can achieve and constantly strives to create an equal playing field for women. She is an advocate of equal opportunities for women, believing that it is time for them to stand up and take front line positions in every sphere of human endeavor. The humanist in Mrs. Florence Ajimobi cannot be hidden as she continues to use her position as First Lady to fight for the rights of women, children and the under privileged people in the society.
Her Excellency’s passion for service to humanity pre dates her husband, Senator Abiola Ajimobi’s assumption of office as the Governor of Oyo state.
To buttress this, as the President of the Bodija Lion’s Club, Mrs. Ajimobi built a Day Care Centre for the Motherless Babies Home in Ibadan.
Her life is one filled with service to humanity and for her relentless service and compassion; she has been recognized by various bodies and institutions. The list of recognition which is lengthy and covers various sectors of life include:
- Vanguard Allure First Lady of the year
- Her NGO, the ABC foundation is judged to be Most Outstanding NGO in the South West by the House of Representatives Committee on Civil Society and Donor Agencies
- Award of honor by Nigerian Tradesmen and Artisans Union of Oyo state
- Award of excellence by the Ministry of Women Affairs in recognition of her empowerment programmes and as a role model for womenfolk
- Award of excellence, Association of Primary School Head Teachers of Nigeria, Oyo state chapter
- Grand patroness, Nigeria Association of Women Journalists (NAWOJ)
- Outstanding Empowerment Award by the National Association of Nigerian students
- Grand patroness, Archdioceses of Ibadan Catholic Women organization
- Ambassador, We Are The Future Of Our Nation (WATFON)
- Award of excellence by the Nigerian Women Pacesetter in recognition of outstanding contribution in poverty eradication
- e-z 37 solutions outstanding commitment award
- Award of Excellence by Ogbomoso North Local Government in recognition of immense contribution towards the advancement of education in rural schools
- Award of professionalism and excellence by Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR)
- Gender Equality and Women Empowerment in Education award of excellence by Centre for Gender and Social Policy, Obafemi Awolowo University
- City people award of excellence as the first lady of the year (south-west)
- Award of service to humanity by the department of adult education, University of Ibadan
- Award of excellence as life matron, Ibadan Gospel Musician Association of Nigeria (GOMAN)
- Oyo state food and canteen workers association award of excellence in recognition of her contribution to the development of the association
- Grand matron, Nigerian library association
- Grand Patroness of the National Council of Women Societies; Oyo State
- Pillar of the Nigerian students award by the National Association of Nigerian students, Zone D
- Award of honour in recognition of her contributions to women development by Civic Enlightenment Association
- Award of excellence in recognition of her efforts in improving the lives of widows by the widows foundation in Oyo state
- Grand Patroness of the National Council of Women Societies; Oyo State
- Grand Patroness, Medical Women Association of Nigeria, Oyo State
Her good works transcends her immediate environment and she has also received diverse recognitions for and award which includes:
- The Diaspora Champion Award of Excellence for her efforts in enabling Nigerians in the diaspora
- The alabaster commission inc award of excellence for Christian service
- The Ibadan Descendant Union, Washington DC award of excellence for genuine efforts in helping flood victims in – Ibadan and for creating positive changes in our community
- Travelscope magazine merit award in recognition of her unflinching commitment on HIV/AIDs prevention
Mrs. Florence Ajimobi can be likened to the virtuous wife of Proverbs 31 in the Holy Bible. She is a submissive and dutiful wife who has continued to be a capable helpmate to her husband, Senator Ajimobi, and has continued to be a strong pillar of support in his RESTORATION, TRANSFORMATION and REPOSITIONING agenda for Oyo State.
- Florence Ajimobi Biography And Profile (Florence Ajimobi)